Accomplished UI/UX Designer with a proven track record of success in designing, developing, and executing world-class designs for desktop/laptop, mobile, and web applications for a wide array of global clients. Vast experience in structuring, developing, and implementing interactive websites leveraging leading-edge technologies and branding/SEO tactics to drive traffic and engage users. Solid skills in managing projects from initiation to final completion and launch with attention to detail and time constraints. A strong leader capable of motivating teams to exceed organizational goals and objectives.
UI/UX Designer Verizon Telecom, Basking Ridge (NJ) … February 2016 – November 2017
- Worked under executive director and executive vice president to lead a global unified user interface (UUI) of 30+ applications.
- Created design deliverables including, but not limited to, wireframes, sitemaps, and screen flows/process diagrams.
- Created, maintained, and stored a component library for UI assets.
- Worked in agile environment using tools such as Atlassian JIRA.
UI/UX Designer mixed interactive, Montclair (NJ) … January 2014 – February 2016
- Co-founded, managed and created an interactive designs company from the ground up.
- Partnered to setup an office in Montclair to gain more clients.
- Branded and marketed the company.
- Work one on one with clients to understand the scope of their business design needs, develop, create, and customize responsive websites for desktop and mobile.
Interactive Art Director/Consultant
CH News Inc., Jersey City (NJ) … February 2013 – November 2013
Publicis, Mundocom, New York (NY) … February 2013
Testa Advertising, Montclair (NJ) … October 2012 – February 2013
Echo Torre Lazur, Mountain Lakes (NJ) … May 2012 – July 2012
- Provided art direction and web design services for a variety of New York metropolitan clients including CH News Inc., Publicis, Mundocom, Testa Advertising, and Echo Torre Lazur.
- Reviewed business requirements and designed web banners, Flash and mobile websites, and interactive e-mail campaigns.
- Created and/or maintained brand guidelines.
- Designed and updated HTML prototypes, visual interfaces, and interactive web-
Web Designer GRM Document Management, Jersey City (NJ) … November 2010 – January 2012
- Tasked by the Chief Financial Officer to build prototypes and wireframes for the Evolve Motorcycle campaign, and designed user interfaces for mobile, Flash, and websites.
- Selected by the CEO and other executive managers to introduce GRMpedia, a web service devoted to expanding the company’s brand.
- Developed and executed new branding initiatives for Mana Contemporary, a sister company that provides museum-quality art storage and moving services.
- Converted visual designs to HTML and CSS.
Digital Imaging Specialist The Wall Street Journal, New York (NY) … December 2006 – January 2010
- Catapulted productivity of adjusted images (e.g., color correction and image adjustments) from 10 to 35 images per day – all while upholding high quality.
- Approached by the Color Lab Manager to test different newsprint colors based on the newspaper seeking to whiten their newsprint paper; this initiative was designed to improve legibility and overall color presentation.
- Established and customized the GAMS (Graphic Asset Management System), which became the backbone in assigning tasks amongst 6 employees.
- Helped to revamp the “Weekend Section” to bolster quality and aesthetics.
Graphic Artist Metrowest Advertising, West Orange (NJ) … 2005 – 2006
Graphic Artist / Prepress Minuteman Press, Jersey City (NJ) … 2004 – 2005
Certificate in Advanced Flash CS5.5
Bergen Community College, Paramus (NJ) … 2012
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design
William Paterson University, Wayne (NJ) … 2010
Adobe Creative Cloud
Acrobat • Dreamweaver (CSS CSS3 XHTML HTML5) • Fireworks • Flash (Action Script 2.0) • InDesign • Illustrator • Photoshop (color management, digital photography / imaging, brushes, silhouettes)
iMovie • Keynote • iWork • iPhone SDK (Tools)
Excel • PowerPoint • Word • OneNote
Omnigraffle • Balsamiq (wireframing) • Sketch (prototyping) • Zeplin • Axure RP Pro • Drupal • WordPress • Atlassian Confluence & JIRA
Areas of Study
Layout • Photography • Design & Production • Photo Retouching • Image Manipulation • Web & Interactive Design • Typography
Branding & Corporate Marketing • Search Engine Optimization • Printer / Vendor Sourcing, Selection, & Ongoing Relations • Budget Development & Administration • Team Leadership • Project Management • Trade Show Accessory Design (Booths / Flyers / Presentations / Promotional Materials)
Conversational Spanish & Italian